IF YOU MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED AND GIVEN FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS
AMERICAN RED CROSS CERTIFIED LIFEGUARD
STARGUARD CERTIFIED LIFEGUARD
ALL POOL LIFEGUARD POSITIONS ARE PART-TIME, ON-CALL, $22.00 – $25.00 PER HOUR
POOL LIFEGUARD CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BEFORE TAKING THE PERFORMANCE TEST. ONCE APPLICATIONS ARE APPROVED, CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED AND GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PERFORMANCE TEST.
- Pool Lifeguard positions will be available on a year-round, part-time basis.
- Pool Lifeguard employees may be required to work holidays and weekends on a year-round basis.
- Pool Lifeguard employees must furnish and wear standard apparel prescribed by the Human Resources Division.
- Pool Lifeguard employees are required to pass a swimming performance test administered by the Senior Lifeguard command staff once a year to retain employment.
All candidates must have the following:
– Must be a U.S. citizen
– Must be a Southern California resident (We do not sponsor HR-1 VISA applicants)
– Must be 21 years of age of older
– Must have the ability to pass a background check to include criminal background check
– Must have the ability to pass all skills testing to include swim tests (lateral candidates are exempt)
– Must be physically fit and able to perform the job of lifeguard
– Must be available all weekends and holidays (Spring Break, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day)
CERTIFICATES: You must have the following valid certificates:
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers OR American Heart Association CPR/AED for Healthcare Providers Certificate.
- Certificate of completion from an American Red Cross or Starguard Lifeguarding course dated within the last two years or concurrently working with a lifeguard agency such as Los Angeles County Lifeguards or State Of California.
- All lifeguard candidates will be required to obtain California Mandated Reporter Certificate (Free training online)
LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License is required at the time of hire.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification issued by NREMT.
- Emergency Medical Responder Certification
We are seeking candidates in the following regions:
– Los Angeles County
– Orange County
– Ventura County
– Santa Barbara County
Please submit interest and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please!!
ONLINE APPLICATION – CLICK HERE